- Fish fillets of choice
- RB Spinach Pesto Create spinach pesto using my basic pesto recipe. Substitute baby spinach for the basil in the ingredient list.
Broil until the fish is cooked through. The pesto will be browned in spots. Check for doneness with a fork; the fish should flake easily.
Pesto encrusted salmon fillets are delicious as a main course but I like to use tilapia for quick fish sandwiches. The roll to create the sandwich shown was made using my tender pizza crust recipe.
The sandwich is then topped with a sweet red pepper salad and creamy lemon caper sauce. These recipes follow.
RB Creamy Lemon Caper Sauce
Stir together the following ingredients then spread the desired amount on each sandwich.
- 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Capers (with the liquid)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 sweet red pepper sliced into rings
- 1 Tbsp. White balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Fruit juice or white wine
- 3 Tbsp. Walnut or Hazelnut oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Place the dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine. Pour over the sliced peppers. Drain the peppers to use on a sandwich or serve with the dressing as a salad.