- Begin by creating a new or opening an existing image file. I am starting with an existing file. Take a look at the current file name. This is the way it appears before I have added and information or defined the copyright status [Fig. 1].
- At the top of your screen select file>file info from the drop-down menu [Fig. 2].
- This action results in a pop-up screen with several fields [Fig. 3]. You can title the document, identify the author, insert a description and add keywords.
- To change the copyright status select the drop-down menu. It is set at "unknown" by default. Then choose copyrighted or public domain.
- Just below the drop-down menu there is a field where you can enter text defining specific limitations or permissions.
- Further down there is a field where you can enter your URL.
- When you have entered the information for the image click "OK".
- Take a look at the file name for the image. Notice that the copyright symbol now appears before the file name [Fig. 4].
For further study: DIY Creating Website Graphics